M&G 2.0 Brake System
M& G 2.0 is a next generation a brake system that will fit any towed vehicle equipped with a vacuum booster.
NB Brake System Instructions
(Download instructions as a PDF)
- Drill a 3/8" hole thru floor behind pedal. See picture for location . Check drill location for
- Mount air actuated brake cylinder with self drilling screws. Make sure cylinder is mounted
high enough to clear obstacles.
- Feed cable under vehicle and attach to floor. Do Not loop or kink conduit tighter than a 6"
- Remove slack from cable and attach to towed vehicle brake pedal with supplied bracket.
Mount bracket as low as possible on brake pedal arm above actual pedal and tighten .
- Secure cable conduit away from heat and moving parts .
- Cut vacuum line between engine and vacuum booster and insert a check valve with black side
towards engine and white side towards booster, tee with vacuum switch and another tee for
vacuum pump tap in for vacuum.
- Install vacuum pump with bracket provided in suitable location.
- A check valve is placed immediately inline on output of vacuum pump black side of valve
towards vacuum pump.
- Attach 3/8" vacuum line from vacuum pump check valve to extra tee inserted next to vacuum
- Mount silver male quick disconnect fitting on front of towed vehicle and run¼" air line to
breakaway system or straight to air actuated brake cylinder. Secure air line from heat and
- Run a 12 ga. wire from front electrical plug unused pin to Red wire on vacuum pump. (If 6 pin
plug is used, use center pin or "S" pin)
- A 12v power source must run from RV to power towed vehicle vacuum pump.
- Run a 12 ga. wire from Grey wire at vacuum pump to COM silver connector on vacuum
- Run a 12 ga. wire from N.C. middle gold connector on vacuum switch to towed vehicle
- Connect electric cord from RV or 12v power source to test operation of vacuum pump.
Vacuum switch is factory set at 12 In. Hg. ON to 15 In. Hg. OFF. Pump should shut off
automatically when switch reaches high point. If pump cycles frequently with no brakes
applied, there is a vacuum leak.
- Connect to air source or RV to test towed vehicle brake application. Apply air and watch towed
vehicle brake pedal depress. Vacuum pump will cycle after each brake application.